More and more people with older leasehold titles require lease extensions but unfortunately not that many people are aware of the process and delay it until it becomes too expense.
We at Fitz are specialists in lease extensions and have a broad experience into the process to ensure you get the best deal in the most cost efficient way. Having a firm who specialises in this area can save you thousands of pounds moving forward.
Listed below is just a glance at some of the aspects of a lease extension which we deal with and have substantial experience in:
- negotiating informally with a landlord (as to term and premium)
- serving and dealing with section 42 notices
- serving and dealing with counter notices
- obtaining valuations on your behalf
- dealing with missing landlords
- applying for vesting orders
- preparing and approving new leases
- preparing and approving deeds of variation
- collective enfranchisements
- attending to matters at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals
- Registration at the Land Registry.
Whether have come to an informal agreement or have decided to proceed down the statutory route pursuant to the Leasehold Reform and Urban Development Act 1993, we will be able to advise you of the process at each step. We act for both landlords and tenants and will be happy to discuss this further with you.